Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My 1/10/2012 Flash Fiction Tale

From @theglitterlady and her #TuesdayTales challenge: http://glitterword.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/tuesdaytales-23-defiant/, the prompt was to use the word "defiant" along with a picture of a little girl with her arms crossed sitting on a bed with her back to the viewer.

Here is my tale:

She fled from the kitchen to her room, and as he followed, plate in hand, he saw her sitting on the bed with her arms folded.

“Britt, please, you need to eat this.  It’s all we have.”

She began to sob, burrowing her head in the blankets.

“Britt, if you don’t eat this, you’ll starve!”

She looked up at him for a moment, defiant, then shouted, “No, I won’t!”

“Please, honey!”

“But I can’t, Daddy!  I can’t!  They are people!”

“Yes, but it’s all we have.  Now eat this or it will spoil and I’ll have to go kill another!”

100 words

@rastrohman

No comments:

Post a Comment