Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lucky 7 Writing Game/Chain

Lucky 7

So I was tagged in this Lucky 7 game by J. Whitworth Hazzard, @zombiemechanics on Twitter and one of my favorite flash fiction friends/adversaries.  This is a fun little game, it seems, providing a sneak peek into a writer's raw, unedited mind.

Here's how it works:

1.  Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript.

2.  Go to line 7.

3.  Copy the next 7 lines/sentences down.

4.  Tag 7 other authors.

My current manuscript is in the very early stages, and I only have two full chapters thus far.  However, I do have a page 7, so here it is.

 

She then saw the remains of the cow, highlighted in her headlights like some sort of twisted Halloween decoration, its head visible with dead, glassy eyes while the rest was a mangled clump of intestines and blood.  She had a strong stomach, but she averted her eyes nonetheless.

“Just saw the cow, Bobby.  Looks like a bear or bobcat or something got it.”

“You want me to come out?”  He sounded concerned.

“Just hold tight.  I’ll let you know.”

She stopped her car on the road and flicked on her heavy flashlight, shining it around the pasture.  None of the other cows appeared to be out, which was good, but how had this one gotten all the way out here?

 

So there we have it.  It just happened to fall on a rather gory part of my new novel, which I have yet to give a name.  I'm also still working on the direction I'll take with it--whether it will be more of a horror novel or science fiction or thriller.  Like I said, I've only finished two chapters!

As for my seven authors, I've decided to contact them directly rather than post here.  Hopefully that's not against the rules, but few people read this thing anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment